The all time favourite
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 adults
- 3 TBS olive oil extra virgin
- 1 each Onion peeled
- 1 each carrot peeled
- 1 each celery stick cut fine
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 400 g mince
- 1 TBS Tomato paste
- 600 ml Pasta Factory Napoletana Sauce or make your own
- 1 tsp oregano fresh or dried
- 1 TBS Italian Parsley chopped
- 8 each Tomatoes cut in half & optional
- to taste Parmesan cheese
- to taste salt & pepper and chilli, if you like
- 600 g Fresh Pasta Factory Spaghetti or any other pasta shape you enjoy
- Wash & chop all vegetables finely, either in a food processor or by hand.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, add chopped vegetable mixture and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes
- Add the minced beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up any lumps in the meat with a wooden spoon. Stir in the tomato paste & mix well.
- Add the herbs
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the Pasta Factory Napoletana Sauce. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time to avoid burning. Add a little water if needed. Add tomatoes (cut in half) and simmer for 5-10 minutes more.
- Taste for seasoning and toss with hot freshly cooked Pasta Factory Spaghetti and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Alternatively, use for best Beef Lasagne recipe!