Keep vegetarians and meat-eaters happy – make two classic sauces, then assemble your lasagnes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 300 grams brown button mushrooms finely sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 400 grams Chourizo sausages finely sliced
- 1 handful fresh parsely finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil leaves finely shredded
- 150 ml Water
- 300 ml Fresh Cream
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 600 g Pasta factory Linguine or Taglliatelle
- Heat 2 TBSP of the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the finely chopped garlic.
- When it begins to colour, add the mushrooms and the parsley. Fry with a lid on the pan for about 5-7 minutes. Add the chorizo, stir. Cook for about 5-7 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the water and bring to a short boil. Reduce the heat to simmer ; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream ; simmer for a further 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the FRESH PASTA in rolling, boiling , salted water 1 – 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain and place into a heated serving dish.
- Add the Mushroom / Chorizo sauce and the shredded Basil leaves. Mix gently. Serve immediately with grated parmesan shavings ( optional) and freshly ground pepper.
Tip for a simpler, quicker version :
Fry the finely chopped chorizo in little olive oil for about 2-3 minute. Add the parsley and the basil leaves. Stir.
Add 500 ml of PASTA FACTORY’s ‘ CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE ‘ and a dash of water.
Simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.