Here is an interesting combination for you! We selected this recipe in conjunction with our blog about our new stockist, Früt, who also sell a wide range of lovely frozen fruits. What a great way to experiment with fruit and pasta – also a nice dish for summer.
- Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tin Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 450 grams frozen strawberries you can also use fresh
- 2 tsp Sugar this is optional
- 240 grams Fresh Pasta Factory Spaghetti
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup ricotta
- salt & pepper
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes, season with salt, and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until tomato juices have reduced slightly, about 3 minutes
- Add strawberries and sugar and cook, stirring often, until strawberries are soft and sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; let cool slightly, then pulse in a food processor to a coarse purée.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta to tomato sauce along with ½ cup pasta cooking liquid and cook, tossing and adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drizzle with more oil, and toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with onion, ricotta, and black pepper.