This is such a simple but impressive dish. For some reason, dinner guests are always impressed by home-made pesto. Serve it up with some hot garlic ciabatta and you have a really beautiful meal!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin tastes best
- 1/3 cup pinenuts you can substitute with walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup leftover pasta water
- 500 g Fresh Pasta Factory Linguine pasta actually any of our fresh pasta range will work with this.
- Pulse the basil and nuts in a food processor.
- Add the garlic and cheese and pulse for another minute.
- Stream in the olive oil while the food processor is runnng.
- At the end stir in the leftover water from the pasta
- Follow the instructions for cooking the pasta. Once its all done, stir the pesto with the pasta, topping with a few parmesan shavings.